What to expect
- Mild residual redness or mild burning may occur but should resolve over the next 24-72 hours. You will notice your skin may be slightly reddened and swollen if blisters please call us.
- You will notice your skin will start to flake and peel, it is crucial you do NOT pick or “help” remove the skin as this could lead to scarring and/or pigmentary changes. Apply recommended cream to dry areas.
- You can begin to see improvements in the treated area within one week of treatment, but will ideally obtain optimal results with a series of 3-6 treatments performed every 4-6 weeks.
- Please contact us if you witness an Increasing redness or swelling over the treated area or Pustule formation (blistering) or Fever.
No sun exposure for 4 weeks post-treatment and you are advised to apply 50+ SPF to treated area to help prevent future hyperpigmentation.
Follow this recommendation for the next week
- Apply SPF 50 post-procedure.
- Do not wash your face until the following day
- Do not apply any products with Retin-A, glycolic or Kojic Acid for one week after the treatment.
- Avoids sun exposure
Day 2 – Day 7
- Gently wash face with a facial cleanser, do not use a cleanser containing salicylic or glycolic acid. • Moisturizer every two to three hours
- It is very important to wear a sunblock of SPF 30-50 daily. When in the sun, wear a sun hat and re-apply SPF every 2 hours.
- You may apply a mineral make-up to the treated area as long as there is no break in the skin.
- You may resume your normal skincare regimen unless advised by your Aesthetician.