What to expect
- You may experience swelling, redness, tenderness, slight headache, pains, and/or bruising that may occur for several days after my treatment, however, these symptoms will resolve. Rarely, an adjacent muscle may be weakened for several weeks after injections.
- The skin may appear red and swollen and have a mild sunburn sensation. This is a normal reaction. It can last from a few hours to days after treatment. Applying an ice pack for the first 24 hours will help minimize swelling.
- Freckles and sunspots may turn slightly darker initially and then flake off within 7-14 days. This is a desired and normal reaction
- List of Possible Risks, Complications & Side Effects to Botox:
- Hypersensitivity, Allergic response, Anaphylactic reaction (rare but can occur)
- Formation of nodules (lumps) around the treated area
- Slight visibility/palpability of the product under the skin
- Persistent bruising which may last up to several weeks
- Infection/abscess formation following treatment, an eruption of cold sores
- Small/Rare possibility of filler being injected into a blood vessel which could lead to blockage of the blood flow to the area supplied by the blood vessel causing skin soreness, coldness, numbing and discoloration. Please contact the clinic as soon as possible in this instance.
- Perfect symmetry may not be achievable.
- Limited or non-response to treatment
- Extremely rare risk of blindness if the filler is injected into certain anatomical sites, such as the Glabella, Nasolabial folds, and the Nose.
- Do not touch the treated area for 24 hours.
- Avoid exercise for 24 hours and avoid sun exposure for 3 days.
- Avoid consuming an excessive amount of alcohol or salts to prevent excess swelling.
- Apply a cool compress for 15 minutes, each hour on the swelling area.
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area. Unless instructed by your therapist.
- Avoid applying make-up at least 4 hours post-procedure to avoid the risk of infection.
- Avoid wearing sunglasses during the week after the treatment.