What to expect
- Fat Lipolysis procedure involves using many small injections around the areas to be treated for Fat reduction in those areas and skin tone improvement.
- More than one treatment might be required to achieve the desired result.
- Minimal pain may be experienced during the procedure due to actual injections and some medications caused by the burning section over the affected area. Bruising of the area treated may occur. Additionally, there may be some swelling noted, especially after treatment puffiness.
- Although exceedingly rare, skin infection is a possibility, whenever a skin procedure is performed. Swelling and redness may occur as the medication starts to work.
- The skin may appear red and swollen and have a mild sunburn sensation. This is a normal reaction. It can last from a few hours to days after treatment. Applying an ice pack for the first 24 hours will help minimize swelling.
- Freckles and sunspots may turn slightly darker initially and then flake off within 7-14 days. This is a desired and normal reaction.
- You will experience tenderness for a few days or possibly until your next treatment. Please keep in touch with our physician if the tenderness continues to worsen daily.
- While most people achieve their goal in the treated area on average; some results after 4-6 sessions. A small percentage of people may require more than the average number of treatments. To obtain faster and better results, it is suggested to follow certain instructions given by your doctor and sometimes to combine with other procedures.
- You must keep the area cool for 24 hours post-treatment to localize the injection.
- After Lipolysis treatment, it is important to keep hydrated and to drink plenty of fluids. The lipolysis treated area must be massaged every night for two weeks.
- Bandaging may be required. Most treatments generally have 1-2 days of downtime.
- If the pain is uncomfortable, use pain medication (e.g Paracetamol) following the directions on the bottle. Do not use ASA (Aspirin) as it may increase bruising at the site of injection.
- Avoid touching the treated area for six hours following the treatment. After that, you can wash the area gently.
- Sunbathing and cold outdoor activities should be avoided until the redness and/or swelling go down.
- Avoid exercise and alcohol, especially Red wine for at least six hours after the treatment.