What to expect
- There are some risks related to the procedure, as with any aesthetic procedure. Although complications of Hollywood carbon peel procedure are rare and usually self-limiting but can include discomfort and mild residual redness or mild burning which may occur within the first three days after the procedure but should resolve quickly.
- There is no downtime following a Carbon Laser Peel with results appearing even following one session.
- A course of treatment might be recommended depending on your skin condition and desired results.
- Mild residual redness or mild burning may occur but should resolve over the next 24-72 hours. You will notice your skin may be slightly reddened and swollen if blisters please call us.
- You will notice your skin will start to flake and peel, it is crucial you do NOT pick, or “help” remove the skin as this could lead to scarring and/or pigmentary changes. Apply recommended cream to dry areas.
- Avoid direct sunlight and excessive heat.
- Begin washing face 2-3 times a day with room temperature water and Cleansing Gel.
- You may take a shower and wash your hair. Avoid hot water.
- Apply prescribed topical medications to the treated area if needed. Ensure skin remains constantly moist.
- Avoid scrubbing, gently treat your skin.
- For extreme itching, hydrocortisone cream (OTC 1%) may be applied. AVOID picking and/or scratching.
- You may start more aggressive washing with fingertips to promote further exfoliation (do not pick).
- Use non-irritating prescribed sunblock (SPF 40) when going outside.
- You may apply mineral makeup (powder) after 4 to 7days.
- Continue appropriate moisturizer until the skin has hydrated back to its normal level (3-4 weeks).
- You may start a regular skincare program as long as the treated area is healed (no exfoliation).
- Continue applying non-irritating sunblock (SPF 40) and use mineral makeup (powder) to protect treated areas (do not use liquid foundation as it may clog pores and irritate new skin).
- Avoid exposure to the excessive sun for up to 4 weeks (hat or clothing must be used to protect treated areas).
- You may return to your exercise programs within 4 weeks.