What to expect
- Pain which is usually mild and temporary.
- Redness, swelling or bruising at injected area or near it, usually clears within 7-10 days, No treatment is necessary.
- Discoloration: Skin pigmentation or red marks can sometimes occur at injection sites which is usually temporary and will be gone after few days or months.
- Infection, allergic reaction or scarring “very rare”.
- Antibiotic cream may be used for a few days after treatment or possibly only any good medical healing or repairing moisturizing cream/gel and will be necessary. Improper care of the treated area may increase the chance of infection, scarring or skin textural changes.
- Do not wash the treated area 4-6 hours after procedure and do not apply hot water for 48 hours.
- Do not wear makeup for 24 hours after procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure 1 day before session and 3 days after session and use proper sunscreen with SPF >50 especially for 1 week after procedure.
- Avoid any kind of skin irritant, wash the treated area with soap or use of any kind of peeling at least for 3-7 days after session.
- Do not do exercises or vigorous physical activities and avoid hot baths, saunas and excessive alcohol drinking in the first 3 days after procedure.