What to expect
- This treatment is contraindicated in patients who are currently taking anticoagulants, have a compromised immune system, have impaired healing (e.g. keloid scarring tendency), are currently pregnant or breastfeeding, have a suspicious lesion in the treatment area and who have had any use of Isotretinoin (Accutane) in the past year.
- The administration of anesthesia by your doctor or other qualified staff might be needed during the procedure, and all anesthetics involve risks of drug reactions and complications.
- The Quanta Asset Laser is a Class IV Q-Switched Laser and you must have special laser protective eye shields covering my eyes during treatment.
- Possible complications and risks include scarring, pigment changes, infection, swelling and prolonged redness of the treated skin.
- There is no guarantee concerning the percentage of improvement of your skin and that more than one fractional laser skin resurfacing treatment may be necessary to achieve the desired results.
- you may respond very little or not at all, even if all the settings and techniques are properly applied because of the color, size, depth, hormonal conditions or medical issues. Additional maintenance treatments may be needed after all scheduled treatments are completed.
- You may return to your normal daily activities immediately after your treatments.
- Apply prescribed ointment 3-4 times daily for several days to keep the treatment area moist and avoid potential crusting and scabbing.
- Do not pick at the lesions after treatment.
- Avoid extended sun exposure or tanning for 1-2 weeks post-treatment.
- After treatment, the lesions should continue to darken and eventually slough off in 3-4 weeks.
- Some differences in the pigmentation between the treated spot and the surrounding tissue may persist after the lesions are fully or mostly removed.
- Crusting, scabbing and temporary spot hypopigmentation/hyperpigmentation will sometimes occur in the treatment area.
- The use of a minimum of SPF 30+ sunscreen is very important after receiving any laser treatment. Remember to reapply throughout the day.
- To achieve the best results, complete the full treatment schedule at the intervals recommended by your doctor.
- If the area becomes tender, reddened or shows signs of infection, please notify the office immediately during business hours.