What to expect
- Discomfort or minimal pain may be experienced during the micro-needling procedure some medications cause a burning section over the affected area such as bruising, redness, swelling, inflammation and infection. Medical micro-needling may result in swelling and bruising of the treated areas which may require one week to heal.
- Mild residual redness or mild burning may occur but should resolve over the next 24-72 hours. You will notice your skin may be slightly reddened and swollen if blisters please call us.
- You will notice your skin will start to flake and peel, it is crucial you do NOT pick or “help” remove the skin as this could lead to scarring and/or pigmentary changes. Apply recommended cream to dry areas.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical for your skin rejuvenation.
- Treat skin gently, use your hands only, wash with a gentle cleanser, cool water, and pat dry but no earlier than 4 hours after the procedure.
- You may use mineral makeup after 24 hours.
- Restart a regular skincare regimen in 48 hours and Retin A in 72 hours.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or sweating for 24 hours due to open pores.
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for 3 days and if possible 10 days. When exposed to the sun, always use sunscreen SPF30 or above.
- Redness or sensitivity might occur and last up to a few days after the procedure. if so use Paracetamol only as needed for any soreness.
- Peeling may start 3-5 days after the procedure, Do not pick or scratch the treated skin but instead keep it moisturized.
- Eat fresh pineapple to optimize healing.
- Use cool compresses if excessive discomfort, burning, redness, or swelling after the procedure.
- It is recommended that you follow up and repeat treatments in 4 weeks and for best results, a series of 3 – 5 sessions are recommended.